Accounts Payable Specialist
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants, is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist. This exciting opportunity will be based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX, and will report to the Manager, Accounts Payable and Payroll.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in support of field services and operations. Supports the Support Center Objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
- Must be able to register with IRS to perform TIN Matches.
- Verify EINs and SSNs with IRS for new Supplier set up and maintain all the CEC and Peter Piper Supplier records.
- Verify EINs for Fundraisers for CEC Entertainment and Peter Piper Pizza.
- Provide customer service by phone and email between CEC Stores, CEC Corporate office, Warehouse, Peter Piper Corporate office, JPMorgan SUA, Service now, and Suppliers.
- Pick up AP checks from the secured printer room. Sort and process all AP Checks for mailing and disbursement through the corporate office.
- Sort and Process all incoming UPS mail for the AP Department.
- Scan and Upload invoices and statements into the database for review and processing.
- Contact Suppliers on disconnection notices.
- Verify credit card payments have been processed through JPMorgan SUA before expiring. Follow up with supplier on any card issues.
- Update Supplier records as requested per Zendesk or email request. As well as validating and securing all banking information for ACH.
- Work with all suppliers on campaigning for our Fast Pay Program.
- Performs other duties and aids in assisting co-workers as directed by the immediate supervisor or other members of our Corporate Management Team.
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience required
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate).
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Typing/data entry at 50 WPM
- Computer Software proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to work full-time hours 8-5 p.m.
- Mathematics skills (addition, subtraction, percentages)
- Written Communication Skills
- Analytical Skills
- 10 key by touch
- Highly developed customer relations/service
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.