Administrative Assistant – Licensing Department
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants has an immediate opening at our Support Center based in Irving, TX for an Administrative Assistant for our Licensing Department to join our team!
In this entry-level position, you’ll learn the fundamentals of Regulatory Compliance/Licensing and have responsibility for supporting the liquor, health, arcade/gaming, and other business licensing process including (i) securing new licenses, (ii) renewing existing licenses, and (iii) resolving license compliance issues. The Administrative Assistant interacts and communicates with licensing authorities, senior management, and external counsel.
The Administrative Assistant will coordinate with licensed locations to prepare and file liquor, health, and other business license applications (new and renewals), gathering required information. Monitors status of filed applications to ensure licenses are timely received and properly posted. Schedules inspections, manages liquor and health violations and responds to audit requests, and monitors compliance. Establishes and maintains a positive rapport with state, county, and local governmental agencies. Assists with new stores, expansions, remodels and arcade and game enhancement licensing.
This position is known internally as a Licensing Administrator.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in support of field services and operations. Supports the Corporate Objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
- Responsible for annual renewals for 160+ locations in a specified area of the country, with working knowledge of renewals nationwide.
- Assist field management with license-related matters.
- Processes corporate and manager change notices.
- Authorized to handle confidential information and experienced in working with outside counsel.
- Track external liquor and health investigations, violations, complaints, stings, audits, and coordinating inspections. Work with state agencies and coordinate hearings with the appropriate parties.
- Schedules inspections, manages liquor, health, and other licensing violations, and responds to audit requests.
- Research and resolve licensing issues, by working with local City, County, and State licensing agencies, as well as with local attorneys when required.
- Knowledge of Modification Procedures of existing licenses when restaurants are remodeled.
- Coordinates training for server certifications in alcoholic beverage service and food service certifications.
- Prepares check requests, maintains register and expense logs.
- Employs strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Detail-oriented, proactive, and able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion. Able to generate excellent work-product under pressure.
- Performs other duties and aids co-workers as directed by the immediate supervisor or other members of the Corporate Management Team.
- A High School diploma or GED required; however, a College Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years administrative background.
- Experience working in a corporate customer service-oriented environment or industry (insurance, banking, etc…) preferred.
- Technical Skills: PC experience including proficiency in Word and Excel, Outlook, and typing/data entry skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, proactive, and able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion.
- Able to generate excellent work-product under pressure.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel internationally to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese’s goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.