Azure Cloud Architect
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Perter Piper Pizza restaurants, is seeking an experienced Azure Cloud Architect to join our IT team at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, Texas.
As a Azure Cloud Architect, you will be responsible for the design, estimation, and execution of technology implementation projects for the company. You will be responsible for recommending the appropriate technology approach for those projects, as we as mentoring and developing team members. You will help set the vision and strategic direction of the IT department as well as owning or assisting with one or more products or solutions, and be essential in migrating existing on-premise solutions into Azure.
• Works with Product Manager, Product Owners, and Development to elaborate product requirements into technical requirements which are used to develop stories that can be estimated accurately
• Participates in Scrum of Scrums to understand and remove architectural impediments/blockers
• Assess current technology landscape and recommend improvements or enhancement that add value to the company and partners.
• Plans and develops architectural enablers by supporting research, prototyping, and other activities needed to explore prospective solutions and evaluate alternatives. • Leads team in defining technical cloud architecture and collaborates with all departments to build consensus.
• Focus on the resilience and redundancy driving maximum availability and performance of IT Services.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree.
• 8 to 10 years of IT and business industry work experience. • Demonstrated ability to leverage cloud technologies to implement enterprise solutions.
• Advanced knowledge in designing Service Oriented Architecture concepts – SOAP, Web API, REST API and microservices
• Knowledgeable of current practices and trends in technology.
• Experience in building cloud solutions architecture using Microsoft Azure.
• Able to develop relationships and define processes and services.
• Sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks. Can gather resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done. Use resources effectively and efficiently.
• Encourages collaboration and is effective at owning a process that spans groups of stakeholders.
• Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
• Effectively communicates with clarity and conciseness both inside and outside the organization.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both
hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
For 40 years, CEC Entertainment has proudly served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment and the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. As the award-winning, number-one, kid-friendly restaurant for millions of families across the world, the company and its franchisees operate a system of more than 603 Chuck E. Cheese stores located in 47 states and 11 foreign countries and territories, and a system of more than 144 Peter Piper Pizza franchise and company-owned locations. More than 17,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
* * *
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Must be eligible to work in the United States.