At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper restaurants, is seeking a Benefits Manager to join our team in our Human Resources Department. Benefits Analysts looking to take the next step in their career are welcome to apply! This position is based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX, and will report to the Director, Total Rewards and HRIS.
This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Research, analyze, evaluate, and administer corporate benefits plans and programs for all US and Canadian employees.
- Monitors benefit trends in the industry and stays abreast of applicable benefits legislation.
- Oversee the administration of the CEC’s Health & Welfare plans and programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, and retirement plan.
- Assist with applicable annual government reporting and non-discrimination tests.
- Manage the data collection activities for various regulatory filings and annual plan audits including Forms 5500 for all Health & Welfare plans and 401k plans.
- Manage the publication and distribution of Summary Plan Documents, Summary Annual Reports, and other state and federal required documentation.
- Provide guidance and assistance to all US locations regarding benefits administration and compliance.
- Manage relationships with third-party administrators, vendors, and consulting firms to resolve benefit issues, complete key communication pieces, and ensure effective operation of all benefits programs.
- Plan and coordinate annual open enrollment for the company’s Health and Welfare and 401(k) plans.
- Play a key role in assuring the accuracy of transaction processing and reporting.
- Ensure that the HRIS system is updated with new employee costs and enrollments.
- Pursue opportunities to better connect employees with the company’s benefit-related products and services, both in terms of utilization and showcasing the value of the benefits program in relation to total compensation.
- Identify, suggest, and implement ongoing process improvements.
- Assist with various other HR and company initiatives.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- 3+ years in benefits administration
- 1+ years of supervisory experience preferred, but not required
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to foster positive relationships with external and internal constituents
- Working knowledge of ERISA regulations and 401k and/or defined contribution plans
- Attention to detail and the ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information
- Experience with Workday Benefits and Payroll a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities. This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.