At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper restaurants, is seeking a Cash Administrator to join our team. This position is based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a friendly sense of urgency in support of our corporate objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
- Daily matching and research of credit cards for 245+ locations via an electronic reconciliation tool. This includes identifying and resolving discrepancies by researching receipts, batch reports, weekly sales reports, online transaction detail, and point of sale data; and retaining appropriate documentation regarding resolutions.
- Daily matching and research of location bank deposits as needed via an electronic reconciliation tool. This includes identifying and resolving discrepancies through communication with location management, bank, and armored carrier company representatives, and the polling department; retaining appropriate documentation regarding resolutions.
- Reporting of bank deposit discrepancies to other departments and assisting in the investigation of missing deposits.
- Participate in month-end close process, which includes:
- a) Preparing and keying any necessary journal entries and/or uploads to the general ledger.
- b) Making sure that any necessary accruals are done.
- c) Resolving all outstanding reconciling items.
- d) Reviewing all assigned account reconciliations, resolving any issues.
- e) Reviewing write-off accounts such as Register over/short variances, Deposit over/short variances, Credit Card over/short variances, Theft, & Service Charge for accuracy, and researching and reporting on any questionable write-offs.
- Daily matching and Research of AP and Payroll disbursement account activity via an electronic reconciliation tool.
- Assisting in the chargeback retrieval and notification process. Assist customers and location management in resolving credit card disputes such as duplicate billings, chargebacks, refunds, and maintaining documentation on ongoing items.
- Perform manual reconciliations for credit cards and cash accounts.
- Maintenance of all bank and credit card reconciliations, credit card receipts, and batch reports, as well as other various monthly activity, using the on-site storage area, which may include occasional heavy lifting.
- Retrieving information and items requested by accounts payable, i.e., copies of canceled checks.
- Maintaining various schedules via excel, such as missing deposits, outstanding items, and chargebacks.
- Assist in the development and deployment of best practices communication and research initiatives for continuous process improvements.
- Participate in the training of new or temporary employees.
- Performs other duties and special ad hoc projects as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting or Finance degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in Accounting preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry and 10-key by touch
- Proven ability to critically evaluate key processes and internal controls and implement improvements
- Relentless focus on customer satisfaction to support internal staff
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter who can work independently
- Strong organizational skills to manage projects from concept to finish
- Strong interpersonal/collaboration skills; ability to interface with all levels within the organization and external partners
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.