At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese’s and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants, has an immediate opening at our Support Center based in Irving, TX for a highly motivated Construction Manager to join our team.
The Construction Manager will plan new construction projects, refreshes, and remodels. This position will oversee the entire project and will be responsible for all facets including planning, budgeting, organization, implementation, and scheduling of projects.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a friendly sense of urgency in support of our corporate objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion.
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations and ensure General Contractor(s) follow the plans and proper protocols.
- Coordinate and direct all Vendors and General Contractors.
- Coordinate all aspects of the projects internally with other Departments from signage, furniture, equipment, games, IT, etc.
- Negotiate terms and agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses accordingly.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Prepare budgets for approval.
- Review all work progress daily.
- Complete internal and external reports regarding status of projects.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management is preferred but not required
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of restaurant and/or entertainment construction preferred
- Proven experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details, relevant rules and regulations, and quality standards
- Ability to be involved in planning and design
- Ability to manage and prioritize deadlines of diverse and high-investment projects
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, Outlook, PhotoShop, CAD
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.