Corporate Senior Accountant
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper restaurants, has an immediate opening at our Support Center based in Irving, Texas for a Corporate Senior Accountant.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in support of field services and operations. Supports the Corporate Objectives, including: “If you are not serving the guest, serve someone who is.”
- Prepare daily reconciliations of payroll accounts comparing activity from the payroll system to cash and general ledger activity.
- Performs various accounts reconciliations and supplier analyses
- Prepare, upload, and post journal entries.
- Record labor reclassifying journal entries impacting store P&Ls, including but not limited to managers-in-training and borrowed store employees.
- Run system reports, design ad hoc reports and queries.
- Analyze and take corrective actions on anomalies within payroll accounts, including ACH returns, out-of-period adjustments, municipal penalties / issues, garnishments, etc.
- Prepare highly sensitive estimates for accruals (e.g., bonus, vacation, insurance, etc.).
- Assist with budget preparation for areas of responsibility.
- Acts as administrator for credit card program
- Document policies and procedures and update the accounting policy manual for areas of responsibility.
- Identify, implement, and test process improvements. Collaborate across departments.
- Prepare schedules to support periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and materials provided to the Board of Directors, Audit Committee, and members of management.
- Provide explanations for monthly variance analysis and financial statement review.
- Perform other duties and assistance to co-workers as directed by supervisors.
- Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 3+ years of Accounting experience required.
- Experience working with payroll would be a plus.
- Exposure to SQL and MS Access a plus.
- Self-starter with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Highly proficiency with MS Office and Outlook.
- Fluent in MS Excel (e.g. pivots, vlookups, match & index, etc.) required.
NO OUTSIDE RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with occasional overtime.
CEC Entertainment, Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants. As the place where over half a million happy birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese’s goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through fun, food, and play and is the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. Committed to providing a fun, safe environment, Chuck E. Cheese helps protect families through industry-leading programs such as Kid Check®. As a strong advocate for its local communities, Chuck E. Cheese has donated more than $16 million to schools through its fundraising programs and supports its national charity partner, Boys and Girls Clubs of America. Peter Piper Pizza features dining, entertainment and carryout with a neighborhood pizzeria feel and “pizza made fresh, families made happy” culture. Peter Piper Pizza takes pride in delivering quality food and fun that reconnects family and friends. With a bold design and contemporary layout, an open kitchen revealing much of their handcrafted food preparation, the latest technology and games, and beer and wine for adults, Peter Piper Pizza restaurants appeal to parents and kids alike. As of March 29, 2020, the Company and its franchisees operated a system of 612 Chuck E. Cheese and 122 Peter Piper Pizza venues, with locations in 47 states and 16 foreign countries and territories. For more information, visit chuckecheese.com and peterpiperpizza.com.
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
* * * *
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.