Corporate Systems HCM Analyst
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment is the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper restaurants, and Pasqually’s ghost kitchen. CEC Entertainment is rapidly adapting to the ever-evolving business environment. The Information Technology portfolio is built on SaaS and cloud solutions where Workday is a core platform. We are continuously investing in HCM, Payroll, and Financials business processes, workflows, and integrations to improve business operations and drive value. This creates opportunities for creative and motivated professionals to engage across the business to plan and deliver new and improved Workday solutions.
We are seeking a Corporate Systems HCM Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX. The Corporate Systems HCM Analyst provides Workday HCM and related module business analysis and technical support across the organization. This full-time opportunity is perfect for someone who excels in a fun, fast-paced team environment. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop a wide range of business and technical skills while delivering new and improved Workday HCM and Payroll solutions.
This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
- Provide business and technical analysis for Workday HCM, Procurement, and related modules.
- Lead collaborative efforts with various business partners, stakeholders, and external partner resources to plan, design, and implement new and improved business solutions.
- Collaborate with the CEC Workday Steering Committee to identify projects and set priorities.
- Demonstrate continuous learning including cross-train with Corporate Systems Financials Analyst, attend Workday and Community sessions, and collaborate with peers in other organizations.
- Provide guidance and knowledge transfer for activities with CEC staff across departments.
- Engage in the workday community to create, prioritize, and manage feature requests on the Workday Roadmap.
- Review, test, and communicate new features and enhancements in the biannual Workday Releases.
- Perform and/or attend training, create documentation, and support implementation of new Workday modules as selected by the CEC Workday Steering Committee.
- Effectively prioritize, escalate, and troubleshoot production Workday issues with emphasis on root cause analysis.
- 4+ years’ Workday Financials experience
- Experience partnering with key business executives and stakeholders and vendors
- Experience conferring with technical and functional experts at all levels of the enterprise in a continuous improvement environment
- Experience in best practices configuring business process steps such as Action, Approval, Approval Chain, Checklist and creating appropriate Workday security roles
- Ability to build and modify custom Workday reports and calculated fields
- Experience building, implementing, and troubleshooting EIBs and Workday integrations
- Ability to independently interact and collaborate with all levels of personnel
- Experience in Change Management to ensure successful, and organized deployment and adoption
- Ability to exercise integrity and discretion with highly confidential information
- Experience improving usability and user experience (UX) in Workday
- Experience in ITIL and customer service principles
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities. This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.