At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese’s restaurants has an immediate opening at our Support Center based in Irving, Texas for an experienced Design Manager in our Construction Department.
- Develop preliminary seating and site layouts for remodels, expansions, and new stores.
- Adapt prototype exterior designs to non-typical buildings for potential new stores.
- Scope stores and develop the preliminary scope of work and design recommendations for capital projects.
- Research and Development: carpet, furniture, lighting, wall finishes, seating (i.e., benches) décor, kid check stand, etc.
- Direct the design process from preliminary design through executive budget approval for all capital projects:
- Conduct kick-off meetings to ensure scope and CEC design criteria are executed with each project, and to identify items with major cost or schedule impact. Compile kick-off notes to send the project in the right direction.
- Develop preliminary design package in conjunction with the architectural team to include floor plan, site plan, exterior elevations, and scope of work.
- Determine if additional costing approval is needed after contractor costing. Obtain appropriate level of approvals if required.
- Assist architectural team with city approvals or negotiations.
- Direct the architectural team to ensure timely completion of architectural drawings and submittal deadlines.
- Maintain accurate prototypical drawings, issue design directives as new details are adopted, and ensure CEC design intent is accurately reflected in all capital projects.
- Provide preliminary cost estimates for capital projects; GEC’s, remodels, expansions, and new stores.
- Review all project costs at the costing milestone including contractor preliminary costing, municipal fees, vendor quotes, etc. in order to provide accurate project costs for executive pro forma approval.
- Support the CEC international franchisee during planning, design, and construction of new stores.
- Support marketing as required for new stores and remodels roll outs
- Oversee the construction process for the build-out of Chuck E. Cheese’s New Stores, Expansions, and Remodels:
- Assemble Construction budgets
- Insure accurate and timely ordering of all owner supplied materials and equipment.
- Prepare Construction schedules and transportation schedules with the Director of Construction.
- Coordinate and communicate game plans to Operations.
- Conduct on-site visits for Due Diligence, Progress Reports, Punch list inspections, and Warranty inspections.
- Manage projects to design standards and within budgets.
- Update information with internal Data Base and insure closeout documents are received and archived properly.
- Manage Design vendors
- 5+ years of restaurant/multi-unit experience required
- Restaurant design experience required
- Strong leadership skills and experience interacting with diverse groups/teams
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%, some travel could be international
- Excellent financial acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Auto CAD, Photoshop, SharePoint & Workday
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.