Director of Consumer Insights
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants, is seeking a Director of Consumer Insights. This exciting opportunity will be based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX and report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
As the Director of Consumer Insights, you will have the unique opportunity to ensure the organization is always thinking with the guest mindset first. You will be responsible for fueling the business strategy and marketing plans with actionable insights. This individual will be responsible creating a new strategic customer learning plan, identifying the best research partners and facilitating all market research activities and customer analysis. You will lead the qualitative and quantitative insights projects, including: scoping and recommending optimal research; collaborating with partners to leverage a full range of insight generating tools, synthesizing various data resources and translating insights into actionable direction to inform strategy and drive key business decisions across the organization. You will shape and deliver critical guest insight, distil information from primary and secondary research, and deliver original research, with clear recommendations. You will be charged with being scrappy yet effective. This role will support the organization with a broad range of research and analytics needs.
You will fuel a company culture of being anchored in deep understanding of target guests. You will shape and deliver critical guest insight, distil information from primary and secondary research, and deliver original research, with clear recommendations and actions the business should take.
- Create learning plans for key strategic areas such as the guest value proposition, customer conversion, growing business segments, optimizing marketing mix, and omni-channel customer propositions.
- Source, monitor and analyze ongoing first- and third-party data to help inform and guide marketing and overall business strategy.
- Identify and monitor local, regional, and national trends, opportunities, and risks in each of our markets with a focus on out-of-home entertainment and location-based entertainment.
- Establish and track brand health and guest perceptions.
- Evaluate the impact of advertising efforts on key performance indicators.
- Identify brand strengths and weaknesses to guide branding efforts and prioritization.
- Manage agency partners to monitor brand sentiment on social media across the family of brands.
- Mine social listening data for actionable brand and guest insights – elevating key trends and issues to cross-functional groups.
- Identify untapped opportunities to engage with guests on social media. Route appropriate conversations to social media and customer service teams to action on them and further brand presence on social.
- Partner with internal clients to define research needs/goals and develop the appropriate methodology.
- Implement qualitative and quantitative primary research using proven and innovative methodologies and techniques.
- Identify and communicate actionable recommendations based on research data, analysis and insights and learnings.
- Manage and prioritize ad-hoc research calendar and special projects based on evolving business needs. Identify opportunities for quick-wins (Google surveys, internal surveys) vs. more involved research engagements.
- Serve as the business partner for Marketing Mix Modeling, Pricing Optimization and Marketing Spend Optimization with Strategy and Finance teams.
- Marketing Research Skills: In-depth knowledge of research methods, proven ability to lead marketing research projects and consult on complex business issues.
- Analytic Skills: Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data to identify patterns, opportunities and gaps, and integrate across disparate data sources in a concise and influential, action-oriented communication style.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate complex information and implications both verbally and in written presentations to communicate a clear, compelling and cohesive story.
- Presentation Skills: Proven presentation skills to effectively convey insights and provide guidance.
- Partnering Skills: Must be adept at partnering cross-functionally with teams including marketing, strategy, finance, and operations as well as functional leadership.
- Eight+ years progressively responsible experience in the areas of market research, brand research, customer segmentation, and strategic marketing are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. An MBA is a plus.
- Top-tier consulting experience is a plus.
- Experience in retail, QSR, CPG and Franchise and/or DSD organization preferred.
- Must be able to design and conduct a broad array of qualitative and quantitative approaches such as brand tracking, positioning/messaging, segmentation, creative research, A&U, NPS, survey and questionnaire design.
- Ability to translate guest, competitor, technology, and market trends into new ideas for products, experiences, and opportunities.
- Must be able to be strategic and see the big picture, while also able to roll up their sleeves and get the work done.
- Self-starter personality who can operate with minimal supervision and with a roll-up your sleeves mindset. The ability to execute hands-on, primary research is a must.
- Experience with syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI and/or NPD).
- Must be able to effectively synthesize secondary and primary research and transform it into actionable insights and strategies.
- Craft analysis, actions, and messaging for key strategic topics.
- Assist senior leadership team with key projects to drive revenue growth.
- Tackle ambiguous and complex analytical problems, requiring analysis.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and leaders to drive critical decisions.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel internationally to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
For 40 years, CEC Entertainment has proudly served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment and the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. More than 17,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!