Director, Public Relations and Crisis Communications
EC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants, is seeking a Director, Public Relations and Crisis Communications. This exciting opportunity will be based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX, and report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
This individual will be responsible for strategic PR planning, issues/crisis management & response, supporting marketing, international growth, finance, and licensing. This person will strategically communicate initiatives that position CEC Entertainment as the World’s Greatest Family Entertainment brand. They will be responsible for strategic communications planning across key business pillars, crisis management, and response, and will lead the development and execution of community programs.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Corporate Communications and formal media relations outreach functions to include developing, planning, and oversight of public relations firm and CEC efforts.
- Serve as corporate spokesperson in response to media inquiries.
- Work closely with Marketing and Operations teams to garner mainstream media coverage for traffic-driving events and promotions.
- Manage LinkedIn channels for CEC Entertainment, Chuck E. Cheese, and Peter Piper and develop content calendar that supports various programs for each of the brands.
- Manage blogger outreach and coordinate influencer promotion for various events and “seasonal moments.”.
- Lead the development, strategic direction, and management of national community relations and local store grand opening and re-opening programs.
- Develop relationships and leverage existing contacts at Parenting, Lifestyle, Business, and Trade media outlets – across online, print, and broadcast platforms.
- Work with company leadership on Internal Corporate Communications, including monthly newsletters, internal announcements, and various HR communications.
- Support CMO in crisis communications efforts.
- Write and edit press releases and review all partner press materials.
- Work with CFO on Investor Relations material as necessary.
- Represent the CEC brand in thought, word, and deed at all times.
- Manage communications specialist and PR agencies.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field required.
- 10+ years of PR experience with a proven track record in a fast-paced environment required.
- Consumer experience a plus.
- Experience with crisis communications for a highly visible, consumer-facing brand required.
- Blogger management skills – ability to identify appropriate bloggers and coordinate partnerships.
- Project management skills – ability to run programs and manage their budgets.
- Ability to translate PR results into quantifiable metrics.
- Ability to proactively identify communications opportunities and develop supporting programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including expertise in AP style.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to integrate PR programs to support marketing goals and programs; able to perform within an integrated environment and dispersed workforce.
- Knowledge of media monitoring tools such as Meltwater, Cision, and TVEyes.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese’s goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.