At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants, is looking for a rock star Financial Analyst to join our elite team who assists the organization and executives with strategic projects and reporting.
This dynamic opportunity will be based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX with up to 2 days remote per week. The ideal candidate will have a get up and go attitude with a desire to learn and grow! Strategic analysis is tough work, we need someone that’s up to the challenge!
As a Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting in a wide variety of strategic initiatives for CEC Entertainment. This position reports to the Manager, Strategy and Analytics, but will often interface and work directly with executive leadership, including the company’s, SVP of Franchising, CMO, COO, CFO, and CEO. This is a great opportunity for a driven, detail oriented candidate to make an impact across all areas of the business and across multiple household brands. The candidate must have the drive and initiative to help identify, analyze, and pursue new strategic opportunities and be able to build positive working relationships with executives, managers, and employees throughout the Company. The candidate must have excellent analytical and project management skills, and a strong working knowledge of financial statements, competitive research, and strategic planning.
- Develop an expert understanding of CEC Entertainment’s business and growth strategies, leveraging this knowledge into research, analysis, and project management.
- Assist our Franchise team with reporting to senior management.
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly Board of Managers presentation.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget process and quarterly forecast.
- Analyze complex business challenges and opportunities, structure hypotheses, develop analyses, deliver recommendations, and ultimately assist in the implementation of strategic initiatives across all aspects of the business.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Create, summarize, track, and share a variety of KPI reporting analytics for owned and franchise businesses, and transform information and analyses into actionable decision frameworks.
- Develop content for and lead executive-level presentations and reports to communicate and achieve buy-in for strategic recommendations.
- Assist with any due diligence processes.
- Develop and maintain strong industry competitive knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Math, Economics, or related degree with a top-tier academic background
- 1+ years Management Consulting, Big 4 transaction services, top-tier Strategy/Corporate Development, or Restaurant & Retail experience highly preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to comprehend and handle large volumes of data, and summarize key facts and conclusions in a concise and persuasive manner
- Advanced Excel modeling & PowerPoint presentation skills required
- Keen attention to detail with a strong sense of ownership
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Any SQL knowledge is a plus, but not required
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to handle sensitive leadership information with the utmost confidentiality
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities. This position may offer some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.