Game Room Technician
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
At Chuck E. Cheese, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
If it’s broke can you fix it? If it blinks, buzzes or beeps do you know how to keep it blinking, buzzing and beeping? Do you have a knack for all things mechanical, electrical and technological?? If so, you would be an awesome Game Room Technician! This position is known internally as Technical Manager.
Technology is at the heart of the Chuck E. Cheese (CEC) experience and we need your electro-mechanical, equipment maintenance and troubleshooting experience. We need top talent who can think on their feet and adapt on the fly. Military veterans, we’re looking for you!
Chuck E. Cheese offers great work-life balance with no early mornings or late, late nights. There are multiple opportunities for advancement, competitive benefits, 401(k), paid vacation and paid professional training to take your tech and management skills to the next level. Oh, and work today, get paid tomorrow!
Chuck E. Cheese now offers access to earned wages with our NEW “Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow” program. Don’t wait between paychecks anymore!
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee and be responsible for the latest in working on the latest video and skill games, kitchen equipment, register systems and coin and ticket mechanisms
- Oversee and be responsible for the latest arcade games, register and IT systems and ticket dispensers
- Manage the electrical and mechanical aspects of the game room; perform daily preventative maintenance and repairs
- Troubleshoot, repair and/or replace defective electronic components, boards and computers
- Operate stage show equipment and manage repairs and preventative maintenance, including compressor operation, lighting and sound, pneumatics, mac valves, cylinders, boards and stage show cosmetics
- Maintain an inventory of electronic equipment, mechanical parts and tools
- Maintain a budget
- Maintain a safety-focused attitude at all times
Skills We’re Looking For:
- Ability to read schematics and troubleshoot down to the component board level
- Planning, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management and a sense of urgency
- Military experience, a technical degree, or previous electrical or mechanical training, preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work up to 45 hours per week
- Must have a high school diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
Essential Job Functions and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift or carry objects weighing 0-50 pounds during scheduled shift.
- Must be able to stand, bend, kneel, reach, push/pull, walk and squat during scheduled shift.
- In addition to the essential job responsibilities stated above, the ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others, including guests and Team members, are essential functions of the job.
- The work environment includes flashing and flickering lights, moving mechanical parts, and loud noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CEC Entertainment, LLC ("CEC"), headquartered in Irving, Texas is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with its Chuck E. Cheese, Peter Piper Pizza brands and virtual kitchen concept, Pasqually's Pizza & Wings.
As the place where half a million happy birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese's goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through fun, food, and play and is the place Where a Kid Can Be a Kid. Committed to providing a fun, safe environment, Chuck E. Cheese helps protect families through industry-leading programs such as Kid Check. As a strong advocate for its local communities, Chuck E. Cheese has donated more than $19 million schools through its fundraising programs. Peter Piper Pizza features dining, entertainment and carryout with a neighbor-hood pizzeria feel and "pizza made fresh, families made happy" culture.
Peter Piper Pizza takes pride in delivering quality food and fun that reconnects family and friends. Created in 2020, Pasqually's Pizza & Wings offers a distinct, customized eating experience outside of a restaurant environment that amplifies classic pizza and wings and operates out of 400 ghost locations nationwide. The Company and its franchise operate a system of nearly 600 Chuck E. Cheese and more than 120 Peter Piper Pizza venues, with locations in 47 states and 17 foreign countries and territories. For more information, visit chuckecheese.com, pasquallyspizza.com, and peterpiperpizza.com.
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities. Chuck E. Cheese is a "Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow" employer.
* * *
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identify, gender ex-pression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.