Intern – Entertainment
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese, Peter Piper Pizza, and Pasqually’s Pizza and Wings restaurants, is seeking an Intern for the spring semester in our Entertainment Department.
This is a paid internship that will provide you an opportunity for professional growth and development. This program will not qualify for college credit (exceptions may apply). This exciting opportunity will be based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX. during typical working hours of 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
As an Entertainment Intern, you will be supporting the Senior Manager of Entertainment,
Original Content & Character Properties, with the development and production of owned entertainment content, including video and music media, and in-store show and character programs.
You will have the opportunity to learn:
- Show production fundamentals, including audio/visual elements, show FX, animatronics, and puppet programs.
- Content development process, from ideation to production
- Brand management standards and principles of character development
- Arts & Entertainment, Visual Media Production, Video, and Music Production, Creative Development, Branded Entertainment, Location Based Entertainment
General responsibilities may include (but not limited to):
- Assist with show production, inclusive of basic editing, show FX programming, testing, file duplication, and archiving.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions and contribute to ideation around original character content for show and online channels.
- Conduct competitive analysis and present findings to CEC Leadership.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in process
- Be at least 18 years of age
- A strong interest in Licensing, Sponsorship, and Promotions
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Microsoft Office Experience with strong aptitude in Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Solid business acumen
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel internationally to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese’s goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state, or local protected class.