Intern-Learning & Development
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese, Peter Piper Pizza, and Pasqually’s Pizza and Wings restaurants, is seeking an Intern for the spring semester in our Learning & Development Department.
This is a paid internship ($13.50/hr) that will provide you an opportunity for professional growth and development. This program will not qualify for college credit (exceptions may apply). This exciting opportunity will be based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX. during typical working hours of 8:30am to 5:30 pm.
Our Learning & Development Intern will support both Support Center and Restaurant from our headquarters located in Irving, TX.
As a Learning & Development Intern, you will have the opportunity to shadow trainers and…
* Receive training on how to create and refine restaurant training using both basic and advanced instructional tools.
* Learn about the Learning ecosystem at CEC and assist with maintenance and upkeep of content to keep them relevant and applicable.
* Learn about established training programs used by a company with impressive tenure and turnover percentage.
* Learn how work with various departments about interviewing Subject Matter Experts to develop new content.
* Gain exposure to our key technological systems to deliver training content to our international network of restaurants.
* Learn about differing requirements for learning accessibility and adapt existing material to comply with a variety of learning styles and legal requirements.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
* A Bachelor’s degree in process
* Be at least 18 years of age
* A strong interest in Restaurant Operations specifically in Learning and/or Instructional Design.
* Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
* Microsoft Office Experience with strong aptitude in Word/Powerpoint
* Strong written communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
* Solid business acumen
#diversity #inclusion #culture
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel internationally to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese’s goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state, or local protected class.