Intern-Tax and Treasury
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese, Peter Piper Pizza, and Pasqually’s Pizza and Wings restaurants, is seeking an Intern for the Spring Semester in our Tax and Treasury Department.
This is a paid internship ($13.50/hr) that will provide you an opportunity for professional growth and development. This program will not qualify for college credit (exceptions may apply). This exciting opportunity will be based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX. during typical working hours of 8:30am to 5:30 pm.
As a Tax Accounting Intern, you will be supporting the Tax and Treasury Department which has the responsibility for all aspects of tax compliance (federal and state income tax, sales and use tax, property tax, unclaimed property and annual reports), tax planning and accounting for taxes within the Company’s general ledger and financial statements. As a Tax Accounting Intern you will be introduced to various aspects of tax compliance, accounting for taxes, account reconciliations, general ledger entries, and processing of tax payments and related tax return filings.
General responsibilities may include (but not limited to):
* Various aspects of tax compliance and accounting for taxes in the Company’s general ledger
* Account reconciliations, processing of tax payments, and related tax return and compliance filings.
* Assist in maintaining tax calendars showing due dates for each return / report.
* Assist in filing State Annual Reports.
* Assist the Tax Manager in monitoring compliance with the Company’s “Work Opportunity Tax Credit” program.
* Daily interaction with members of the Tax and Treasury Department and participation in team meetings
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
* A Bachelor’s degree in process
* Be at least 18 years of age
* A strong interest in a career in tax, finance, or accounting
* Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
* Microsoft Office Experience with strong aptitude in Excel
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
* Solid business acumen
#diversity #inclusion #culture
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese’s goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state, or local protected class.