International Franchise Development Director
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese restaurants has an immediate opening for an International Franchise Development Director. This exciting position can be based in Irving, Texas (a Dallas, Texas suburb) or in a location convenient for international growth opportunities and travel. This individual will report directly to our SVP of International Franchise.
As the place where over 1 million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese has steadily grown to be the world’s #1 family entertainment brand boasting more than 560 locations in 47 U.S. states and 15 foreign countries.
This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in support of field services and operations. Supports the Support Center Objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
- Research country demographic, economic, competitive intelligence.
- Create and maintain sales tools for franchise recruitment, i.e., Franchise Brochure (layers), website re-design, application, translation services. Manages sales lead nurturing program and CRM program to manage franchise form submissions.
- Screen international franchise prospects for short-list review, guide and track them through the franchising process.
- Recruit potential international franchisees.
- Contact and coordinate lead generating activities e.g. US Commercial Service, IFA, Regional franchise associations, In-country franchise publications, electronic & Social media channels etc.
- Write and e-mail franchise correspondence i.e., acceptance and rejection letters, franchise Letters of Intent, documents for the Franchise Due Diligence and Background Checks.
- Provide marketing liaison service between the international franchisee and the International Business Managers, including developing market business plans, market mapping, trade area surveys, consumer research, advertising, pricing, competitive landscape, discounting, language translations.
- Gather in-house information i.e., investments, floor plans, project schedules.
- Ensure completion of in-house functional services i.e., architecture, games, menu, vendor quotations, purchasing start memos, outbound shipment to franchisee, etc.
- Responsible for international logistics which includes purchasing of furniture, fixtures, equipment, and food and beverage for International locations and to manage and document any franchise requests for Local market approvals, per defined process.
- Performs other duties and aids co-workers as directed by the immediate supervisor or other members of our Support Center Management Team.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or other relevant program, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Franchise sales experience with international exposure
- 1+ years of experience across International Franchise sales, specifically across Asian markets
- Ability to travel Internationally (estimated 50%)
- Multi-linguist in English and Chinese, preferred
- Supervisory skills required
- Intermediate skills in MC Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and persuasion skills
- Highly analytical with demonstrated success in this area
- Ability to operate and be highly successful in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various international locations by airplane and by vehicle when in market.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese’s goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities. This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.