IT Seucurity Analyst
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants, is seeking an IT Security Analyst. This exciting opportunity will be based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX and report to the Director, Information Security & Cyber Risk.
This individual will be responsible for the strategic PR planning, issues/crisis management & response, support of marketing initiatives and integrating PR programs into the marketing mix. Also responsible for supervising the PR agency. Will develop and execute strategic and integrated PR plans to support product launches, brand initiatives and community programs.
The role of IT Security Analyst monitors the installation, testing, and operation of data security programs to ensure such programs meet defined system security needs. Reviews current and proposed regulations and standards to determine effect on security standards and requirements and to propose changes as appropriate. Reviews and contributes to the improvement and standardization of the security administration process across all business units. This role performs monitoring, research, assessment and analysis on Intrusion Detection and Prevention tools as well as anomaly detection systems, firewalls, antivirus systems, proxy devices that requires demonstrable security incident response experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- This role monitors security events from the various channels (Office 365, Alert Logic, Meraki, Trend Micro, Fortinet, Cisco, etc.), based on the security event severity, escalate to managed service support teams as appropriate to perform further investigation and resolution
- Identifies process functions, risk security and controls weaknesses, and recommends remediation steps
- Assists in the remediation of security related incidents and vulnerabilities (blocking nefarious email, removing malware, etc.)
- Communicates critical information in a timely manner to management, users, and staff as necessary
- Provides support for developing and implementing security measures for electronic information during transit and at rest on multi-platform operating systems
- Identifies process improvements and opportunities to increase effectiveness, proficiency, and processes of data security within the organization
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of emerging technology trends and developments in areas of interest to the business
- Promotes the general best practice standards defined within the data security community
- Adhere to all CEC Entertainment corporate guiding principles, processes, policies, standards and procedures
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from many heterogeneous security devices
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services
- Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends
- Monitor Office 365 for security related incidents and adjust policies as needed.
- Create and maintain operational reports for Key Performance Indicators and weekly and Monthly Metrics
- Perform assessment as well as troubleshooting and help isolate issues with IDS/IPS sensors, antivirus servers, vulnerability scanners
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer engineering/science preferred or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- 4+ years of experience as a Security Analyst or equivalent knowledge
- CISM, CEH, CISSP or other related certifications preferred
- Proficient skill in Powershell scripting and Office message search
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems)
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent knowledge of Intrusion Detection (deep TCP/IP knowledge, and Cyber security), various operating systems (Windows/UNIX), and web technologies (focusing on Internet security)
- Ability to read and understand packet level data Intrusion detection and prevention and Network Security Products (IDS/IPS, firewalls, etc.) Host Security Products (HIPS, AV, scanners, etc.)
- Exposure on Vulnerability assessment as well as penetration testing or forensic analysis fields are an advantage
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel internationally to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
For 40 years, CEC Entertainment has proudly served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment and the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. As the award-winning, number-one, kid-friendly restaurant for millions of families across the world, the company and its franchisees operate a system of more than 600 Chuck E. Cheese stores located in 47 states and 16 foreign countries and territories, and a system of more than 120 Peter Piper Pizza franchise and company-owned locations. More than 17,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities. We also offer a Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow program.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.