Corporate Systems Administrator
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper restaurants, is seeking a Corporate Systems Administrator to join our team. This position is based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX.
The CEC Information technology portfolio has evolved and now includes many ServiceNow, ITIL, and Workday HCM, Payroll, and Finance business processes, work flows, and configurations. As a result, the processes and tools needed to monitor and manage those diverse environments to deliver the needed value to the company also needs to evolve. Increased demand for new configurations, state laws, and business processes needs are continually increasing.
The Corporate Systems Admin provides business and technical support across all ServiceNow and Workday modules for CEC Support Center, CEC and Peter Piper stores. This is a full-time opportunity for someone who excels in a fast-paced environment, has varied technical skills, a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and works well in a team environment.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in support of field services and operations. Supports the Support Center Objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
• Serve as subject matter expert for ServiceNow, Workday HCM, Payroll, and Finance
• Effectively prioritize, escalate, and troubleshoot Production issues with emphasis on root cause analysis
• Perform ongoing operational development and support
• Lead collaborative efforts with various business partners, stakeholders and external partner resources
• Perform training, create documentation, and support implementation
• Prioritize, create, and manage Roadmap for feature updates; identify and test enhancement opportunities for the biannual Workday Releases
• Provide guidance and support knowledge transfer for activities with staff
• 1+ year(s) experience
• Experience in ITIL and customer service principles
• Experience setting up business process steps such as Action, Approval, Approval Chain, Checklist and the Security behind them
• Experience conferring with technical and functional experts at all levels of the enterprise in a problem-solving environment
• Experience in Change Management to ensure successful, and organized deployment
• Knowledge of loading and troubleshooting EIBs
• ServiceNow and Workday Experience
• Ability to partner with vendors, business stakeholders, and IT in the implementation and Business as Usual support of ServiceNow and Workday
• Ability to independently interact and collaborate with all levels of personnel
• Empathy with the end-user experience
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
For over 40 years, CEC Entertainment has proudly served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment and the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. As the award-winning, number-one, kid-friendly restaurant for millions of families across the world, the company and its franchisees operate a system of 607 Chuck E. Cheese’s and 147 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 14 foreign countries and territories. More than 17,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy! CEC is a “Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow” employer.
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.