Business Analyst – Marketing
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants has an immediate opening at our Support Center based in Irving, Texas for an experienced Business Analyst – Marketing. This position is known internally as Manager, Value Strategy.
Overview: The Business Analyst – Marketing will own, manage and provide recommendations driving revenue and profitability related to the CEC value portfolio across everyday menu, value deals, coupons and discounting. This role will be marketing lead on menu portfolio management and pricing, new menu development, menu testing and execution, using business analytics and consumer insights to uncover new opportunities and interpret results. The manager will lead coupon strategy, an estimated $250M revenue channel, by testing and optimizing distribution and offers to maximize revenue. The successful candidate should have strong experience analyzing and projecting revenue and profitability, as well as a consumer marketing mindset. H/She will collaborate with marketing department peers, strategy team and culinary to develop and execute new menus.
- Lead the analysis of marketing and menu program performance and recommend new programs based on key performance metrics, insights and guest feedback.
- Lead overall value strategy to drive CEC revenue and profitability and improve guest value perceptions.
- Leverage consumer analytics across sources (menu, test markets and platforms) and understand motivators and barriers to ultimately increase revenue and traffic.
- Identify consumer and guest trends and opportunities to drive additional revenue.
- Identify opportunities and strategies to increase menu revenue and profitability.
- Develop new pricing and positioning recommendations and lead testing plans and execution. Report on progress and recommend optimizations/changes.
- Act as consumer lens and lead offer and pricing implementation changes. Work with strategy team on overall pricing strategy and execution.
- Manage national price changes, working with IT/POS changes and creative services on menu implementation and proofing for seamless changes.
- Leverage digital menu boards and testing to optimize pricing and increase average check.
- Manage $250M coupons revenue channel.
- Identify and measure beneficial coupon distribution channels and partnership (online channels, retail cross-promotion, national beverage partner opportunities, direct mail, FSI).
- Lead in-store couponing plan: register prompts, bounce back coupons, entry coupons.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, demonstrating strong business and financial acumen required
- 5+ years of marketing, analytics or financial experience in either restaurant or retail
- Experience working at national, multi-unit brand, restaurant or family entertainment center preferred
- Proven ability to leverage consumer and business analytics to develop new programs and drive revenue. Ability to work with SQL databases, power pivot data and business analysis tools a plus.
- Bold, forward thinking leader who can work with the Sr. Director, Consumer Activation to drive revenue
- Demonstrated success working with cross functional peers in a positive way to bring to life the biggest and most transformative business ideas
- Strong communication skills to share strategies at the executive level
- Expertise using Microsoft Excel for analysis, modeling, pivot tables, business analytics
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel internationally to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
For 40 years, CEC Entertainment has proudly served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment and the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. As the award-winning, number-one, kid-friendly restaurant for millions of families across the world, the company and its franchisees operate a system of more than 600 Chuck E. Cheese stores located in 47 states and 16 foreign countries and territories, and a system of more than 120 Peter Piper Pizza franchise and company-owned locations. More than 17,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
* * *
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.