Marketing Planning & Strategy Manager
At Peter Piper Pizza, we build careers around great food and family fun! We’ve been a favorite gathering place for over 40 years.
Peter Piper Pizza, with its neighborhood pizzeria feel, features dining, entertainment and carryout. The solution to ‘family night out’, Peter Piper Pizza takes pride in delivering a food-first, parent-friendly experience that reconnects family and friends. Expanding nationally, Peter Piper Pizza recently opened locations in Oklahoma, Nevada and Las Vegas, featuring an all new prototype design. CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment, is the operator of a system of 607 Chuck E. Cheese’s and 147 Peter Piper Pizza venues, with locations in 47 states and 14 foreign countries and territories.
The Marketing Planning & Strategy Manager for Peter Piper Pizza is responsible for leading the development and execution of promotional calendar, strategies, marketing objectives and priority targets to increase brand relevance, drive profitable sales, increase visitation, and create interest/excitement for the brand. This position will be based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
· Manages the marketing calendar; work with Chief Marketing Officer to develop and oversee short and long-term calendar planning strategies
· Develops and implements marketing and advertising strategies based on promotion, brand, and menu objectives.
· Partner and support product development with ideation & evaluation of potential new products from inception to roll out
· Leads and effectively communicates to cross-functional internal teams, gaining alignment and using project management skills, including timeline development and timeline management tracking for all calendar related projects. Utilizes the pipeline meetings to keep the broader cross-functional team informed of project status and changes in a timely and accurate manner.
· Oversees the execution of marketing plans, tests and launch activities. Manages and oversees product launches.
· Manage relationship and work with external marketing firms responsible for developing and maintaining the company brand, including creative and promotions
· Monitor, measure, and analyze the effectiveness of marketing calendar initiatives in conjunction with financial analyst, internal teams and external marketing partners and continue to adapt and optimize performance
· Prepares and distributes various monthly marketing campaign updates
· Champion and communicate brand messages and strategy to Restaurant Support Center and Field Operations
· Manage consumer concept testing, promotional screens and brand tracker (overall health of the brand and customer perception)
· Various ad hoc projects as requested
· Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA preferred.
· 3+ years of progressive marketing experience in either restaurant or retail
· Proven success leading agencies in creating and executing multi-faceted campaigns
· Strong project management and organizational skills. Ability to lead and manage multiple priorities in parallel
· Demonstrated knowledge of project planning and analytical evaluation
· The ability to mobilize required resources and work cross-functionally to implement projects
· Bold, forward thinking, and transformative leader who can work with the CMCO to lead change
· Excellent prioritization skills with emphasis on driving results
· Self-starter, highly motivated with entrepreneurial spirit; works well in a collaborative environment but can manage without authority
· Ability to meet deadlines in a fast pace environment
· Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with both internal/external customers
· Detail oriented
For over 40 years, CEC Entertainment has served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment with both its Chuck E. Cheese’s and Peter Piper Pizza venues. As America’s No. 1 place for birthdays, Chuck E. Cheese’s goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through fun, food and play, and is the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. Committed to providing a fun, safe environment, Chuck E. Cheese’s helps protect families through industry-leading programs such as Kid Check®. As a strong advocate for its local communities, Chuck E. Cheese’s has donated more than $14 million to schools through its fundraising programs and supports its national charity partner, Big Brothers Big Sisters.
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
* * *
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or based on any other federal, state or local protected class. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.