Marketing Strategy and Planning Manager
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza brand restaurants has an immediate opening at our Support Center based in Irving, Texas for an experienced Marketing Strategy & Planning Manager.
This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility
The Marketing Planning & Strategy Manager will be responsible for leading the development and execution of promotional calendar, strategies, marketing objectives, and priority targets to increase brand relevance, drive profitable sales, increase visitation, and create interest/excitement for the brand. The successful candidate should have strong experience in brand management and consumer marketing, as well as an analytical mindset. This individual will collaborate cross-functionally to develop and execute programs and promotions with excellence.
- Manages the marketing calendar; work with the marketing leadership team to develop and oversee short and long-term calendar planning strategies.
- Develops and implements marketing and advertising strategies based on promotion, brand, and menu objectives.
- Partner and support product development with ideation & evaluation of potential new products from inception to roll out.
- Leads and effectively communicates to cross-functional internal teams, gaining alignment and using project management skills, including timeline development and timeline management tracking for all calendar related projects. Utilizes the pipeline meetings to keep the broader cross-functional team informed of project status and changes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversees the execution of marketing plans, tests, and launch activities. Manages and oversees product launches.
- Manage relationship and work with external marketing firms responsible for developing and maintaining the company brand, including creative and promotions.
- Monitor, measure, and analyze the effectiveness of marketing programs.
- Prepares and distributes various monthly marketing campaign updates.
- Champion and communicate brand messages and strategy to Restaurant Support Center and Field Operations.
- Manage consumer concept testing, promotional screens, and brand tracker (overall health of the brand and customer perception).
- Various ad hoc projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, demonstrating strong business and financial acumen required.
- 5+ years of marketing, analytics, or financial experience in either restaurant or retail.
- Experience working at national, multi-unit brand, restaurant, or family entertainment center preferred.
- Bold, forward-thinking leader who can work with the marketing leadership to drive revenue.
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional peers in a positive way to bring to life the biggest and most transformative business ideas.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Ability to lead and manage multiple priorities in parallel.
- Strong communication skills to share strategies at the executive level.
- Expertise using Microsoft Excel for analysis, modeling, pivot tables, business analytics a plus
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities. This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state, or local protected class.