At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper restaurants, is seeking a Merchandise Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, Texas. This individual will report to our Director, Prize and Merchandise.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- New Vendor Set Up
- Item Set Up in Inventory and POS Systems
- Inventory Control
- Monitor merchandise levels at merchandise distributor and communicate potential shortages or delays.
- Monitor merchandise-related (fixtures, shelving, signage, etc.) inventory levels at our distributors and suggest reorder quantities and timing to ensure ample inventory.
- Merchandise Ordering and Receiving
- Create and process POs, following up with vendors to confirm prices and estimate delivery charges.
- Receive all product delivered to distributor and calculate FOB prices based upon freight and safety report charges.
- Audit invoices by matching against PO’s and approving for payment
- Field Communication and Support.
- Update the merchandise order guide through our inventory system to ensure accurate order forms are provided to our CEC/PPP locations.
- Manage merchandise emails from CEC/PPP locations relating to questions, shortages, other issues.
- Department Tracking & Support
- Scan file and log purchase orders, testing documents, factory inspections, etc. and transfer into our online data storage.
- Maintain documentation to ensure compliance to SOX and bi-annual audits.
- Import movement and inventory into Merchandise file.
- Merchandise Training Support
- Take photos for field communications and training documentation.
- Help build training guides and ad-hoc training communications.
- Showroom Merchandising and Sample Maintenance
- Help maintain and set up show room.
- Maintain and organize pre-production and production samples as well miscellaneous samples from vendors.
- Remodel and New Unit Support
- Manage the manufacturing and shipping of merchandise related products i.e.., shelving, lights, bins and labels. Also maintain spreadsheet/calendar to stay up to date on changes and/or cancellations.
- Assist with mail room duties
- Maintain and order shipping supplies, postage and printer paper as needed.
- Notify staff of incoming packages.
- Keep mailroom neat and organized.
- Occasional store mail outs
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a friendly sense of urgency in support of our corporate objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
- 3+ years of experience in supply chain, merchandising or related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong technical skills, with experience working in other corporate systems and applications. Ability to learn Microsoft Teams, and other software and programs.
- Must take pride in their work whether the task is small or working on a big project.
- Must have a positive attitude.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.