Mgr, Financial Reporting & Analysis
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese’s and Peter Piper restaurants, has an immediate opening at our Support Center based in Irving, Texas for Financial Reporting Manager.
- Works with the Chief Accounting Officer and other Accounting and Finance leadership in determining and meeting reporting requirements and deadlines to ensure completeness and accuracy of the documentation of accounting matters for internal and external reporting
- Accountable for coordination with external and internal partners to provide appropriate support for financial statement amounts, disclosures and accounting treatments.
- Responsible for researching, documenting and applying appropriate guidance to complex issues and transactions.
- Lead for the accounting team in preparation, analysis and publication of financial statements, including supporting schedules and footnotes.
- Responsible for researching proposed and new authoritative guidance, including potential impact on the Company.
- Responsible for identifying and understanding significant and unusual transactions, such as the Adjusted EBITDA reconciliation.
- Responsible for maintaining policies and procedures and internal controls governing the financial reporting process.
- Prepares and maintains technical accounting memos on all accounting topics impacting the company and ensures policies, procedures, narratives and control matrices appropriately reflect the technical accounting memos.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of significant accounting processes and information flows.
- Responsible for coordinating periodic assessments of indefinite and definite lived tangible and intangible assets.
- Responsible for maintaining records for equity compensation accounting and related disclosures.
- 6+ years of experience;
- CPA required;
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred;
- Industry experience in a financial reporting department preferred;
- Familiar with XBRL taxonomy;
- Experience with Workiva preferred;
- Experience with Workday preferred;
- Experience supervising others required
- Experience with accounting and financial reporting in accordance with GAAP, including the preparation and/or review of financial statements and footnotes
- Experience with SEC filings with exposure to rules and regulations
- Possesses an Intellectual curiosity and is comfortable with not knowing the right answer & being willing to go find it.
- Ability to work independently and remote from time to time.
NO OUTSIDE RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with occasional overtime.
CEC Entertainment, Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants. As the place where over half a million happy birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese’s goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through fun, food, and play and is the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. Committed to providing a fun, safe environment, Chuck E. Cheese helps protect families through industry-leading programs such as Kid Check®. As a strong advocate for its local communities, Chuck E. Cheese has donated more than $16 million to schools through its fundraising programs and supports its national charity partner, Boys and Girls Clubs of America. Peter Piper Pizza features dining, entertainment and carryout with a neighborhood pizzeria feel and “pizza made fresh, families made happy” culture. Peter Piper Pizza takes pride in delivering quality food and fun that reconnects family and friends. With a bold design and contemporary layout, an open kitchen revealing much of their handcrafted food preparation, the latest technology and games, and beer and wine for adults, Peter Piper Pizza restaurants appeal to parents and kids alike. As of March 29, 2020, the Company and its franchisees operated a system of 612 Chuck E. Cheese and 122 Peter Piper Pizza venues, with locations in 47 states and 16 foreign countries and territories. For more information, visit chuckecheese.com and peterpiperpizza.com.
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
* * * *
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.