Network Operations Manager
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment is the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese, Peter Piper restaurants, and Pasqually’s ghost kitchen. CEC Entertainment is rapidly adapting to the ever-evolving business environment. The Information Technology portfolio is built on vendor, SaaS, and cloud solutions. We are continuously investing in-store solutions, online and mobile services, and core systems including HCM, Payroll, and Financials to improve business operations and drive value. Key partner platforms include NCR Aloha, OLO, Workday, Cisco, Fortinet, and Microsoft O365 and Azure. This creates opportunities for creative and motivated professionals to engage across the business to plan and deliver new and improved solutions.
We are seeking a Network Operations Center Manager to join our NOC/SOC team. This position is based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX, and reports into the CISO organization, where we support flexible and remote work arrangements. The NOC Manager plays an important role in the day-to-day technology availability of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper restaurants by leading the team assigned to designing and implementing secure network solutions that are continually monitored, patched, and available for our business guests.
This individual will be responsible for network platform architecture (Co-Lo, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), security solution selection, and engineering of CEC’s network infrastructure systems. The individual selected for this position will have the ability to build strong relationships within the IT organization and with business stakeholders while being able to manage and support CEC’s core and restaurant-based
This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility
Under minimal direction, responsible for activities related to network security system engineering and design:
- Primary responsibilities include leadership and management of NOC personnel, introducing best practice procedures, standards, and policies, towards performing project-based engineering, design, installation, and troubleshooting of secure network solutions.
- Ownership of the review and implementation of changes on the network, implementing ITIL-based change management process (ITIL).
- Create and manage standards for SOPs, Playbooks, Procedures, documentation, and other relevant information to assist other NOC/SOC and Service Desk team members in creating these documents in the support of the Enterprise.
- Research, evaluate and recommend tools can provide visibility to the health of the network.
- Lead NOC personnel to install, configure, and support traditional and legacy network infrastructure components, such as routers, switches, Site-to-Site VPN, SDWAN, Wi-Fi, DHCP, DNS, and load balancers.
- Review daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, system processes, and review of system and application logs, ensuring SLAs and KPIs are met.
- Manage the NOC on-call rotation and 3rd tier support for escalations.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Some travel as needed to remote data centers and other offices.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Batchelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of information technology experience, with three (3) of those years to include experience managing technical resources in configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, and securing Enterprise-Wide Area Networks and a solid understanding of routing protocols.
- Experience with Site-to-Site or Client VPN technologies on platforms such as Cisco CSR, Cisco ISR, Cisco ASA, Meraki, FortiNet, AnyConnect VPN, FortiClient, or similar technologies.
- Experience with Network Management Platforms such as FortiCloud, Meraki Dashboard, Cisco ISE, Cisco Umbrella, or other similar technology solutions.
- Experience with Network and IDS/IPS Technologies such Cisco FirePower, Cisco Umbrella, Meraki MX, FortiGate, Cloudflare, F5, or other similar technology solutions.
- Experience with network management platforms such as FortiCloud, Meraki Dashboard, Cisco ISE, Cisco Umbrella, or other similar technology solutions.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based instances from manufacturers such as Cisco, Arista, Juniper, AWS, Microsoft Azure, and AlertLogic.
- Working knowledge of Cradle Point LTE/4G/5G Technologies and battery backup systems such as APC, Cyberpower, and Tripp Lite.
- Familiarity with either NIST CSF, PCI, or SOX Compliance requirements.
- Working toward or possessing technology certifications such as ITIL, CCNP, CCIE, CompTa+, Fortinet, SSCP, CCSP, or other relevant training to the position is a bonus.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities. This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.