PMO IT Project Manager
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment is the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese, Peter Piper restaurants, and Pasqually’s ghost kitchen. CEC Entertainment is rapidly adapting to the ever-evolving business environment. The Information Technology portfolio is built on vendor, SaaS, and cloud solutions. We are continuously investing in store solutions, online and mobile services, and core systems including HCM, Payroll, and Financials to improve business operations and drive value. Key partner platforms include NCR Aloha, OLO, Workday, and Microsoft O365, and Azure. This creates opportunities for creative and motivated professionals to engage across the business to plan and deliver new and improved solutions.
We are seeking an IT Project Manager to join our PMO team. This position is based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX where we support flexible and remote work arrangements. The IT Project Manager has overall responsibility for the definition and delivery of successful Information Technology projects. Activities include providing strategic direction in project definition, collaborating with peers and partners, and ensuring financial targets are met. The role requires experience operating in an outsourced, multi-location, global IT delivery model, an understanding of IT strategy, strong project management skills, and outstanding communication and presentation skills. This full-time opportunity is perfect for someone who excels in a fun, fast-paced team environment.
This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
- Collaborate with the IT Steering Committee to document project scope, budget, justification, and priority.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop project plans, schedules, deliverables, resource assignments, and status reports.
- Conduct regular status and working meetings with project teams, sponsors, and vendors to evaluate progress, and set expectations to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery.
- Identify, communicate, and seek resolution to issues and risks in a timely fashion.
- Drive improvements in technology project planning and delivery across the organization.
- Collaborate across departments, partners, and vendors to develop future technology plans and roadmaps.
- Collaborate with PMO peers on project management policies, processes, and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of IT industry or consulting work experience.
- Any of the following certifications are a plus: PMP, PRINCE2, CPM, PSM, PSPO, CSM, ITIL, or related equivalents.
- Knowledge and experience with project management tools and techniques including Smart Sheets, Microsoft Project, Basecamp, Microsoft Azure DevOps, scrum, Kanban, Continuous Delivery.
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated project leadership experience managing multiple cross-functional teams and projects.
- Demonstrated experience influencing senior management and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with partners and vendors, using metrics that measure the value contributed by partners and vendors, and hold them accountable for results.
- Effectively communicates with clarity and conciseness both inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated continuous learning and development.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities. This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.