Public Relations Internship
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese, Peter Piper Pizza, and Pasqually’s Pizza and Wings restaurants, , is seeking an Intern for the fall semester for our Marketing Department – Public Relation Team.
As a Public Relations Intern, you will assist the PR Team in achieving the business goal of elevating the awareness of the brands campaigns, promotions and overall company story. Working alongside the marketing team and cross-functional departments, you will work on various projects, developing and enhancing your industry knowledge, marketing interests, skill and organizational experience.
This is a paid internship ($13.50/hr) that will provide you an opportunity for professional growth and development. This program will not qualify for college credit (exceptions may apply). This position is 40 hours a week during typical working hours of 8:30am to 5:30pm at our support center in Irving, Texas and will be a partially remote, partially in-person Internship.
- Assist with brand campaigns, seasonal promotions and national event launches.
- Participate in weekly status meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Create and maintain media lists and help support project management
- Assist with marketing/PR event logistics and execution
- Help manage Chuck E. Cheese Fan mail and helping develop a process across our departments.
- Communicate and collaborate with agencies, vendors and partners.
- Attend cross-departmental and cross-functional meetings.
- Create a portfolio of work completed during your time at CEC Entertainment that you can showcase to future employers.
- Progress towards a degree in Advertising, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or similar major.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be self-motivated, driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience with any of the following platforms is a plus, but not required: Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Teams), Adobe Creative Suite, Basecamp, Smart Sheets, WordPress, Google Analytics, Google My Business, Yext, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Spanish bilingual speaking is a plus.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese’s goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state, or local protected class.