Real Estate Portfolio Manager
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants, has an immediate opening at our Support Center based in Irving, TX for a highly motivated Real Estate Portfolio Manager to join our team.
Working under general supervision, the Real Estate Portfolio Manager prepares initial lease documentation, conducts lease negotiations, and completes related documentation for final approval by management. The primary business objective of this position is to ensure renewals are negotiated to the benefit of CEC Entertainment. Associate interacts with his or her supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate lease renewals, Tenant Improvement Allowance toward remodels, options, and additional Real Estate related contracts.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of existing sites, in partnership with the local operations personnel, Real Estate Team, and/or other internal and external sources.
- Conduct research as needed to ensure that the lease renewal terms are appropriate with the current market, location, and other factors.
- Draft Lease Action Requests and work with the Legal Department to facilitate the execution of lease amendments supporting negotiated deals.
- Make lease determinations with respect to legal issues, facilities issues, and policy issues.
- Review comments from attorney/representative; work closely with
- Department Vice President and other company divisions and departments to define a proper response.
- Review comments from attorney/representatives; work closely with supervisor and other company divisions and departments to define a proper response.
- Proactively plan twelve months in advance of lease renewal terms.
- Meet deadlines for lease expirations and options.
- Construct, organize and maintain spreadsheets and Real Estate Database
- Work with other departments as necessary.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- At least 3 years (5 years preferred) of experience working in a real estate department for a national retailer or developer negotiating lease renewal terms are required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in business or another related program is preferred
- Communicate effectively by phone and in writing
- Ability to negotiate contract terms in a direct, professional, and concise manner
- Planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and perform job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and conflicting priorities.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Proven track record regarding attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.