At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants has an immediate opening at our Warehouse Center in Topeka, KS for a Refurbish Technician.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in support of field services and operations. Supports the Corporate Objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
- Responsible for planning the complete refurbishment of used equipment.
- Submits Parts to be ordered for new and used equipment.
- Updates and stocks parts inventory.
- Meeting timelines for all stores relating to capital objectives.
- Constantly working on new ideas and plans to streamline our systems and become more efficient.
- Work will be performed in a warehouse environment.
- Maintain a safe and productive work area.
- Manage, maintain, and organize tools, and tool cart.
- Keep Personal area and workspace clean and organized.
- Follow and perform weekly cleaning schedule to help maintain shop cleanliness and organization.
- Responsible for the evaluation of used equipment in preparation of games refurbishment
- Thoroughly clean and inspect machine for deficiencies
- Evaluate all game functions for proper operation.
- Inspect game aesthetics for damage to cabinet ripped decals, etc., and repair.
- Inspect Monitors or projectors for proper operation.
- Responsible for annually counting and recording SPT Parts inventory.
- Help put away inventory parts, spot check, and count yearend Game Center inventory.
- Assist in maintaining Average Refurb Cost and look for ways to increase cost savings.
- Responsible for refurbishing used equipment to CEC standards. “Every game has a completed quality checklist”.
- Dismantle games and rides to prepare for painting and retrofits.
- Assure that all refurbished and rides are fully operational and in like new condition.
- Re-laminate used equipment to like new condition.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment to operating standards with little to no supervision.
- Turn in all paperwork and Refurb checklist in a timely manner after each game is completed.
- Assists Technician II Specialists in troubleshooting and repairing equipment to operating standards including training on refurbishing equipment.
- Assist in setting up all new equipment to CEC standards. “Every game has a completed quality checklist”.
- Responsible for setting up racks, blue bins, file cabinet, toolbox, dog bowls, ice cream machines, and bill changers for each new location if needed.
- Un-crating, assembling, and testing of new and used equipment including games, POS, token dispensers, show systems, and removal of debris if needed.
- Provide feedback for new game discrepancies.
- Performs other duties and aids co-workers as directed by the immediate supervisor or other members of our Corporate Management Team.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Technical College Degree preferred
- 3+ years electrical experience in the gaming industry
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience – will be supervising hourly employees
- Experience using hand tools, power tools, and electronica repair equipment
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Proficient in MS Office
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills with a professional demeanor and attitude
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state, or local protected class.