At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants has an immediate opening at our Support Center based in Irving, Texas for a highly motivated Senior Auditor in our Internal Audit Department.
Senior Auditor – Corporate Support Center Functions and Field Operations
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a friendly sense of urgency in support of our corporate objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
- Performs and assists audit manager and Director with operational (compliance, functional, contract, cost recovery, project) audits.
- Prepare written audit reports or other correspondence in a clear and concise manner. Cover key audit issues with management.
- Build partnerships with audited areas to ensure open communication exists between business and internal auditing.
- Assist audit manager with annual planning, scoping, and risk assessment.
- Schedule, conduct, and document process walkthroughs, create process flow charts, and identify weaknesses and opportunities for improvement. Communicate deficiencies to business owners, assist with design of remediation plans and close out deficiencies within designed timeframe.
- Communicate the quarterly owner self-assessment process to business owners and track responses.
- Perform and coordinate restaurant and project audits. Expectations include identifying risks, updating audit program, performing test work, travel, and preparing an audit report with limited supervision.
- Complete and coordinate the Quarterly Kid Check review summarizing results for management.
- Participate in other necessary duties to accomplish the annual audit plan, including cross training, participating in audit planning meetings, enterprise risk assessment, fraud risk assessment, etc.
- Help the external audit team to ensure timely completion of audit and review procedures.
- Perform professional work in accordance with IIA and CEC Audit standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Information Systems, Internal Audit or a related business field required; MBA or MS a plus
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or CFE is required; any additional certifications are a plus
- 3+ years of Internal Audit experience, particularly in connection with internal controls
- Restaurant or Retail experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office and Outlook
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Strong interpersonal/collaboration skills; ability to interface and working collaboratively with all levels within the organization and external partners
- Ability to travel up to 30%
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.