Senior Financial Analyst
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants, is looking for a rock star Senior Financial Analyst to join our elite team who assists the organization and executives with strategic projects and reporting.
This dynamic opportunity will be based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX with 1 day remote per week. The ideal candidate will have a get up and go attitude with a desire to learn and grow! Strategic analysis is tough work, we need someone that’s up to the challenge!
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting in a wide variety of strategic initiatives for CEC Entertainment. This position reports to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, but will often interface and work directly with executive leadership, including the company’s CMO, COO, CFO, and CEO. This is a great opportunity for a driven, detail-oriented candidate to make an impact across all areas of the business and across multiple household brands. The candidate must have the drive and initiative to help identify, analyze, and pursue new strategic opportunities and be able to build positive working relationships with executives, managers, and employees throughout the Company. The candidate must have excellent analytical and project management skills, and a strong working knowledge of financial statements, competitive research, and strategic planning.
- Develop an expert understanding of CEC Entertainment’s business and growth strategies, leveraging this knowledge into research, analysis, and project management
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly Board of Managers presentation
- Assist in the development of the annual budget process and quarterly forecast
- Analyze complex business challenges and opportunities, structure hypotheses, develop analyses, deliver recommendations, and ultimately assist in the implementation of strategic initiatives across all aspects of the business
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Create, summarize, track, and share a variety of KPI reporting analytics for owned and franchise businesses, and transform information and analyses into actionable decision frameworks
- Develop content for and lead executive-level presentations and reports to communicate and achieve buy-in for strategic recommendations
- Develop and maintain strong industry competitive knowledge
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Math, Economics, or related degree with a top-tier academic background
- 3+ years experience in Management Consulting, Big 4 transaction services, top-tier Strategy/Corporate Development, or Restaurant & Retail is highly preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to comprehend and handle large volumes of data, and summarize key facts and conclusions in a concise and persuasive manner
- Advanced Excel modeling & PowerPoint presentation skills required
- Keen attention to detail with a strong sense of ownership
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Any SQL, Oracle Essbase or PowerBI knowledge is a plus, but not required
- Comfortable working in fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to handle sensitive leadership information with utmost confidentiality
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment, LLC ("CEC"), headquartered in Irving, Texas is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with its Chuck E. Cheese, Peter Piper Pizza brands and virtual kitchen concept, Pasqually's Pizza & Wings.
As the place where half a million happy birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese's goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through fun, food, and play and is the place Where a Kid Can Be a Kid. Committed to providing a fun, safe environment, Chuck E. Cheese helps protect families through industry-leading programs such as Kid Check. As a strong advocate for its local communities, Chuck E. Cheese has donated more than $19 million schools through its fundraising programs. Peter Piper Pizza features dining, entertainment and carryout with a neighbor-hood pizzeria feel and "pizza made fresh, families made happy" culture.
Peter Piper Pizza takes pride in delivering quality food and fun that reconnects family and friends. Created in 2020, Pasqually's Pizza & Wings offers a distinct, customized eating experience outside of a restaurant environment that amplifies classic pizza and wings and operates out of 400 ghost locations nationwide. The Company and its franchise operate a system of nearly 600 Chuck E. Cheese and more than 120 Peter Piper Pizza venues, with locations in 47 states and 17 foreign countries and territories. For more information, visit chuckecheese.com, pasquallyspizza.com, and peterpiperpizza.com.
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities. Chuck E. Cheese is a "Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow" employer.
* * *
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identify, gender ex-pression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.