Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese’s and Peter Piper restaurants, is seeking a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst to join our team! This position is based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in support of field services and operations. Supports the Support Center Objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
• Coordinate all aspects of the Company’s periodic filings on Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, S-8, FDD and 401(k), as well as the internal and external review of these documents.
• Coordinate the preparation of the Company’s monthly reporting package to its Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team and prepare the supporting analysis package for the CFO. Coordinate responses to questions and analyze variances related to the monthly results.
• Calculate non-GAAP measures, including adjusted EBITDA.
• Prepare and analyze the GAAP cash flow on a monthly basis
• Prepare supporting workpapers and financial disclosure checklists for the Company’s periodic filings in compliance with SOX controls.
• Review supporting workpapers prepared by the Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting.
• Assist in the preparation of the quarterly debt compliance analysis and compliance certificate.
• Coordinate and prepare the store level impairment analysis in accordance with ASC 360
• Ensure the accuracy of all financial statement related materials for the Board of Directors, Audit Committee, conference call scripts, and investor presentations.
• Coordinate the detailed XBRL tagging for all SEC filings and assist the Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting with the completion of XBRL tagging.
• Research and resolve technical accounting issues. Prepare accounting position papers (as required).
• Review the implementation and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures while identifying areas for improvement.
• Prepare the company for adoption of new or revised accounting pronouncements (if applicable).
• Liaise with internal and external auditors for the successful completion of audit work and SOX compliance.
• Ensure the accuracy and completeness of Workday financial reports.
• Develop and maintain an effective control environment over areas of responsibility.
• Work with other departments to develop reporting tools and analyses.
• Oversee and conduct special projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required.
• CPA required.
• 3+ years’ Public Accounting experience required.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Available and flexible to work over 40 hours a week.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
For over 40 years, CEC Entertainment has proudly served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment and the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. As the award-winning, number-one, kid-friendly restaurant for millions of families across the world, the company and its franchisees operate a system of 607 Chuck E. Cheese’s and 147 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 14 foreign countries and territories. More than 17,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy! CEC is a “Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow” employer.
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.