Senior Payroll Tax Accountant
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Perter Piper Pizza restaurants, is seeking an experienced Senior Payroll Tax Accountant to join our Payroll team at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, Texas.
Essential Functions of the Position
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in support of field services and operations. Supports the Corporate Objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
• Process daily Workday notifications to update employee’s records for accurate Local Income Tax withholding.
• Enter employee corrections into Workday to ensure accurate wage information.
• Manage weekly tax integrations to process and balance completed payroll transactions.
• Prepare and submit Federal, State and Local payroll tax deposits according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations.
• Open and close accounts based on new/closed markets.
• Advises management regarding effects of business activities on taxes, and on strategies for minimizing tax liability.
• Ensure that the organization complies with all new and existing tax withholding, payment, reporting, and other requirements.
• Organize and maintain tax records in compliance with record retention requirements.
• Research and resolve tax notices in a timely manner.
• Perform testing and validation of tax setup and integrations.
• Perform interim and quarterly tax balancing.
• Prepare and file quarterly Federal, State and Local tax returns in compliance with taxing authority requirements.
• Coordinate sending test and productions files to third party W-2 supplier.
• Balance annual W-2 Forms and prepare W-2 corrections.
• Manage relationships with external tax and W-2 providers.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred, CPP or FPC is a plus.
• 10 years multi-state, large employer payroll experience with a working knowledge of federal, state and local tax rules and requirements.
*Experience with filing taxes and conducting payroll for at least 30 states required
• Experience with Workday and Master Tax compliance software.
• Customer service experience with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Motivated self-starter who can work independently, prioritize and manage time to accomplish objectives within tight deadlines.
• Detail oriented, organized, with strong analytical skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
For over 40 years, CEC Entertainment has proudly served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment and the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. As the award-winning, number-one, kid-friendly restaurant for millions of families across the world, the company and its franchisees operate a system of 607 Chuck E. Cheese and 147 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 14 foreign countries and territories. More than 17,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy! CEC is a “Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow” employer.
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.