Senior SQL DBA Administrator
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment is the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese, Peter Piper restaurants, and Pasqually’s ghost kitchen. CEC Entertainment is rapidly adapting to the ever-evolving business environment. The Information Technology portfolio is built on vendor, SaaS, and cloud solutions. We are continuously investing in-store solutions, online and mobile services, and core systems including HCM, Payroll, and Financials to improve business operations and drive value. Key partner platforms include NCR Aloha, OLO, Workday, Cisco, Fortinet, and Microsoft O365 and Azure. This creates opportunities for creative and motivated professionals to engage across the business to plan and deliver new and improved solutions.
We are seeking a Senior SQL DBA Administrator to join our team. This position is based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX, and reports to the Manager of Infrastructure Operations. The Senior SQL DBA Administrator plays an important role in the day-to-day technology availability of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper restaurants by designing and implementing solutions that are continually monitored, patched, and available for our business guests.
This individual will be responsible for building and maintaining operations of all SQL environments for the company within defined SLAs needed to meet key business objectives and will assist key vendors providing services to the company, mentor staff on SQL operations, and build strong relationships within the IT organization and business stakeholders.
This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
Under minimal direction, responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the architecture, technical design, implementation, administration, maintenance, and ownership of all store, Co-Lo (virtualization), and cloud (Azure) SQL environments in compliance with standards, including maintaining accurate information within server management tools, systems, and the CMDB.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all SQL databases review of system and application logs.
- Participation in the design, architecture, rollout, upgrade, and maintenance of corporate technology initiatives and projects where SQL is a key component.
- Understanding and supporting SQL Server disaster recovery strategies and environment, including log shipping, and clustering.
- Analyze growth patterns in database size and recommend appropriate upgrades.
- Deep understanding of index and statistics and their maintenance.
- Maintains SQL Server security and user administration at the database segment.
- Participate in On-Call rotation and provide 3rd tier support for SQL issues and P1 calls.
- Maintain comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation, and effectively manage project implementations.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Some travel as needed to remote data centers and other offices.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
- 8+ years of information technology experience with at least five (5) of those years to include hands-on SQL DBA Administrator experience with SQL databases in both Co-Lo (virtualized) and IaaS/SaaS (Azure, AWS) environments with a demonstrable history of designing, implementing, and maintaining a heavily outsourced, SaaS, global IT delivery model
- BS/BA in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree may substitute for three (3) years of information technology experience
- Demonstrated experience in the areas such as computer operations, production support, and the configuration of servers for different functions (IAM, SQL, Applications, et al.)
- In-depth understanding of CASB, Office 365, Active Directory, Certificates, DNS Management, and hardware and software patching utilizing various tools
- * Must exhibit excellent problem-solving skills and be able to quickly diagnose system problems and implement solutions to restore functionality.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours as required to maintain the infrastructure and hosted services without interrupting core business operations or functionality, including scheduled weekend maintenance windows and on-call rotation
- Ability to work responsibly without direct supervision, with a proven ability to prioritize and multitask with exceptional attention to detail
- Familiarity with either NIST CSF, PCI, or SOX Compliance requirements
- Possessing advanced technology certifications or other relevant training to the position is a bonus
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities. This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.