Senior Manager, Licensing & Merchandise
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants, is seeking a Senior Manager, Licensing & Merchandise. This exciting opportunity will be based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX and will report to the VP, Global Licensing, Media & Branded Entertainment.
The Senior Manager, Licensing & Merchandise will collaborate with the VP, Global Licensing, Media & Branded Entertainment to set the overall strategic direction for outbound licensing to deliver on established financial metrics and growth, and develop an end-to-end strategy and execution for merchandising and promotion of the Chuck E. Cheese characters and brand through both licensing and owned e-commerce platforms. The individual will be a dynamic professional with a creative eye for trends and innovation, and understanding of Preschool, Kids and Family consumers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead licensing of Chuck E. Cheese characters and brand across traditional merchandise categories (e.g. food and beverage, toys, apparel, accessories, footwear, bedding/home decor, etc.) including owning of the relationship with licensees – identify partners, negotiate deals, ongoing management of the relationship including creative development, quality control, distribution, sales performance, etc.
- Be an internal and external category champion of the opportunity, vision, pitch and message with regards to our licensing strategy.
- Identifies and leads Direct-to Consumer (DTC) program development in collaboration with owned E-commerce Strategy.
- Attend traditional licensing tradeshows and events to prospect and identify new ideas for shared opportunities with retailers.
- Further develop licensing style guide and assets, collect and evaluate insights on character and brand value, and build strong foundation for expansion across categories at scale.
- Oversee the management, development and implementation of e-commerce product portfolio, innovation pipeline and product marketing strategy to enhance brand story and drive growth and market share gains in priority channels and regions.
- Develop strategy to support ecommerce sales of current product line-up and new product development in collaboration with Purchasing department, and establish short term and long term financial and strategic benchmarks.
- Develop ongoing strategies and processes for e-commerce storefront oversight and fulfillment.
- Analyze sales figures, consumer feedback and market trends for licensed and e-commerce merchandise programs.
- Manage revenue forecasts and budgets for E-commerce business.
- Maintain regular communication with the corporate Management team to ensure understanding and support for all client partnership initiatives.
- Be informed of the priorities and complexities of cross-functional teams (e.g. operations, purchasing entertainment, media networks, marketing, publicity, PR, social, etc.) and understand how consumer products benefits and supports other divisions.
SKILLS & GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- College Degree in Marketing, Licensing, Business, or a related field required.
- 5+ years of experience in outbound licensing, retail product development or related fields.
- Experience working with reputable brands (CPG, fashion/lifestyle, studio, gaming, agency).
- Capable of working with and onboarding partners who are new to brand collaborations and licensing.
- Strong knowledge of the licensing landscape and value chain from ideation around IP through to delivery and consumer experience.
- Proven track record in a previous product development function and awareness of brand guardianship and franchise management.
- Possess contacts and network of key stakeholders across the licensing landscape.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative and innovative.
- Able to work across multiple projects simultaneously and deliver against tight deadlines.
- Has the ability to work autonomously and to remain agile and prioritize projects in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Strong team-working skills and the ability to maintain good working relationships with internal and external teams.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time for partner meetings and trade shows.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese’s goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.