Staff Operational Accountant
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper restaurants, is seeking a Staff Operational Accountant to join our Accounting and Finance team. This position is based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX.
This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a friendly sense of urgency in support of our corporate objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
- Assist in property accounting functions for a capital-intensive Company with over 500 Company-owned locations.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting within the cash and fixed assets functions, assisting in the preparation or review of journal entries across those functions, and raising issues to supervisors on a timely basis.
- Maintain fixed asset and capital project systems, including regular additions, transfers, and disposals.
- Prepare journal entries to record transactions to the general ledger in support of daily and close functions where needed.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation between fixed assets sub-ledger and the general ledger.
- Prepare and distribute monthly capital spending and fixed assets analysis reporting and produce ad-hoc reporting, as needed.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting within the inventory and fixed assets functions, assisting in the preparation or review of journal entries across those functions, and raising issues to supervisors on a timely basis.
- Analyze accounting variances and prepare variance explanation reports.
- Responsible for ensuring system “integrations” between the ERP system and ancillary accounting systems are functioning properly (e.g. automatic journals are continually recording on a weekly basis).
- Responsible for timely resolution or escalation with necessary department upon identified failure.
- Design and run ERP reports and queries.
- Review capital addition invoices to ensure appropriate coding.
- Ensure accurate accounting for fixed assets for book and tax purposes.
- Prepare fixed asset reports/analysis required to support the Tax Department (book/tax).
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Establish and document required internal controls related to Fixed Asset processing/accounting.
- Coordinate and prepare Fixed Asset schedules for interim and end of year external financial audit.
- Perform as-needed analyses regarding fixed asset key performance metrics, variances to budget, and procedural concepts in support of the department.
- Identify areas to streamline and automate processes and coordinate training on new processes and procedures for collaborative consistency.
- Perform project-based improvements as identified to increase capacity or understanding of the team over time. May also be required to prepare business-case or proposals for project selection purposes.
- Implement best practices and recommend overall process improvements while collaborating with other departments utilizing the assets and/or information.
- Perform special projects, as needed.
- Create and maintain capital projects in the ERP system.
- Maintain the accounting ledger and sub-ledger for off-site inventory.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
- 1+ years of Fixed Asset Accounting experience highly preferred.
- Experience using Workday in an advantage, but not required.
- Strong financial skills.
- Excellent MS Excel skills. Proficient use of MS Word, Access, Visio, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to critically evaluate key processes and implement improvements.
- Ability to multi-task and handle several competing priorities with high urgency.
- Able to build relationships quickly and assist our internal customer.
- Self-starter, accustomed to working independently in a demanding work environment.
- Typing, data entry and 10-key skills.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities. This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.