Sr. Income Tax Accountant
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese, Peter Piper Pizza and Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings restaurants has an immediate opening at our Support Center based in Irving, TX for an experienced Sr. Income Tax Accountant. This position reports directly to the Income Tax Manager.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a friendly sense of urgency in support of our corporate objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of:
- Federal Income Tax Returns (including estimated taxes)
- State Income Tax Returns (including estimated taxes)
- City and Local Income Tax Returns (including estimated taxes)
- Canada and other International Tax Returns (including estimated taxes)
- Other necessary filing requirements (e.g., gross receipts returns, etc.).
- Assist with Federal as well as State Income/Franchise Tax audits and responding to notices/correspondence from state and local jurisdictions
- Assist in compiling data, updating schedules, etc., associated with the quarterly and annual tax provisions
- Assist in maintaining and updating the tax calendar and other SOX 404 Processes re: taxes
- Assist in preparing and updating property tax accruals, process property tax payment requests and co-manage third party property tax compliance firm.
- Performs other duties and assists co-workers as directed by the immediate supervisor or other members of our Corporate Management Team
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CPA is preferred but not required
- 3+ years of Income Tax Compliance experience
- Experience with OneSource Tax Compliance Software is a plus
- Working Knowledge of CCH tax research software
- Sound financial accounting skills
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (vLookup, Sumifs, Pivot tables, charts, etc.), Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook
- Typing/data entry (40) WPM and 10-key by touch
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Experience with Workday ERP is a plus
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese’s goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States