Technical Support Analyst I
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
The CEC Information technology portfolio has evolved and now includes a large number of third-party service providers and SaaS solutions. As a result, the processes and tools needed to monitor and manage that diverse environment to deliver the needed value to the company also need to evolve. CEC has also been investing in-store solutions and infrastructure across its 463 store CEC chain, and 33 store Peter Piper Pizza chain. Those investments are anticipated to increase the store technology footprint thousands of new servers in the coming year.
The Technical Support Analyst I provides first-level support of POS store software and peripheral equipment for CEC and Peter Piper stores. This is a part-time opportunity for someone who is looking to learn in a fast-paced environment with various technical challenges ranging from hardware/software issues to new implementations.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive, log, and manage calls from customers via the self-service portal and phone.
- Correctly categorize and prioritize incident tickets.
- Resolve, or provide workaround, for intermediate technology issues.
- Resolve support calls and customer issues at the tier 1 technical level.
- Document root-cause in incident tickets that are resolved at the tier 1 level.
- Document new incident-related resolutions or workarounds.
- Follow-up with other IT support staff involved in resolution of incidents.
- Communicate with users concerning the status of incidents.
- Communicate with customers to verify final resolution of incident and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Act as customer advocate during support interactions with other IT support teams.
- Maintain timely communication with customer during support process.
- Escalate complex issues to the appropriate internal or external technology resources as needed.
- Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client-server environment. Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Troubleshoot basic pc network issues.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Provide communication and escalation to IT Management on issues impacting our business and customers.
Experience Preferred (Not required. This is an entry-level position)
- Experience with customer service
- Empathy with the end-user experience
- Possess the aptitude or experience to provide proactive service to our customers
- Possess a results-oriented approach to customer service
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Restaurant or retail background
- Basic knowledge of MS Windows operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7) and business applications suites
- Experience in a high call volume support center, handling 25+ inbound calls per day
- Ability to work flexible schedule
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.