Technical Support Analyst II
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper restaurants, is seeking a Technical Support Analyst II to join our team. This position is based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX
The Technical Support Analyst II provides Level 2 tech support of POS store software and peripheral equipment for CEC and Peter Piper stores. This is a full-time opportunity for someone who excels in a fast-paced environment, has varied technical skills, a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and works well in a team environment.
This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Receive, log, and manage calls from customers via the self-service portal and phone.
- Correctly categorize and prioritize incident tickets.
- Resolve, or provide workaround, for intermediate technology issues.
- Resolve escalated support calls and customer issues not resolved at the tier 1 technical level.
- The document root cause in incident tickets.
- Document new incident-related resolutions or workarounds.
- Follow-up with other IT support staff involved in resolution of incidents.
- Communicate with users concerning the status of incidents.
- Communicate with customers to verify final resolution of incidents and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Act as customer advocate during support interactions with other IT support teams.
- Maintain timely communication with customer during support process.
- Escalate complex issues to the appropriate internal or external technology resources as needed.
- Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Troubleshoot basic pc network issues.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Basic Active Directory knowledge – creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups, etc.
- Provide communication and escalation to IT Management on issues impacting our business and customers.
- Contribute to knowledge management database.
- Initiate Request for Change (RFC) or Problem Management processes as needed.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) and closure of all incidents.
- May participate in the design, architecture, rollout, and maintenance of corporate technology initiatives and projects and/or perform additional department duties as required.
- 2+ years experience with direct customer POS technical support
- Empathy with the end-user experience
- Possess the aptitude or experience to provide proactive service to our customers
- Possess a results-oriented approach to customer service
- Experience conferring with technical and functional experts at all levels of the enterprise in a problem-solving environment
- Experience in ITIL and customer service principles
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Aloha POS systems
- Restaurant or retail background
- Basic knowledge of MS Windows operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7) and business applications suites
- Experience in a high call volume support center, handling 60+ inbound calls per day
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including weekend on-call rotation
- Competency in use of ServiceNow service management ticketing tool preferred
- ITIL Foundations Certification preferred
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities. This position offers some work from home “WFH” flexibility.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.