Technical Support Technician
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants has an immediate opening for a Technical Support Bench Technician at our Distribution Center Warehouse in Topeka, KS.
CEC Entertainment now offers access to earned wages with our NEW “Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow” program. Don’t wait between paychecks anymore!
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in support of field services and operations. Supports the Corporate Objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
• Support our customer (Operations and Field Technical Managers).
• Assist the field through occasional phone support to all Corporate and Franchise locations.
• Keep records of all calls, repairs, and the nature of the problem.
• Primarily responsible for repairing equipment in a timely manner and at a substantial cost savings to the field.
• Assist in maintaining the Technical Support Web Site and implement future upgrades to support the field.
• Maintain and update Tech manuals and schematics.
• Conduct field seminars on Show, Oven, POS, and Games troubleshooting.
• Be available to help develop systems to further advance the technical area of our concept.
• Source out parts to further support our locations in the area of repair and maintenance.
• Assist in producing monthly Technical Tips articles.
• Performs other duties and lends assistance to co-workers as directed by the immediate supervisor or other members of our Corporate Management Team.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• 2+ years of Board Level Component Electronics Repair experience required
• Ability to work with small parts and replace these in mechanical areas of equipment
• Exceptional mechanical aptitude
• Proficient in MS Office and Outlook
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Professional demeanor, attitude and appearance
• Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Must have a dedication to Quality Repairs and Quality Control roles
• Strong communication skills with a professional demeanor and attitude
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment
• Occasional travel may be required
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 50 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
For over 40 years, CEC Entertainment has proudly served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment and the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. As the award-winning, number-one, kid-friendly restaurant for millions of families across the world, the company and its franchisees operate a system of 607 Chuck E. Cheese’s and 147 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 14 foreign countries and territories. More than 17,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy! CEC is a “Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow” employer.
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
* * *
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.