At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants has an immediate opening at our Support Center based in Irving, TX for an experienced Treasury Manager to join our driven, results-oriented team! The Treasury Manager reports directly to the Manager of Taxes & Treasury.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a friendly sense of urgency in support of our corporate objectives, including: “If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is.”
- Assist managing treasury relationships (e.g., banking, merchant services: credit/debit card and gift card processing, armored courier, bank supplies vendors, etc.).
- Daily Cash Position: (i) Analysis and review of depository and concentration account summaries prepared by Treasury Administrator; and (ii) Monitoring cash concentration and payment processes and system controls (re: ACH payments, wires, checks, virtual payments, etc.).
- Cash Forecastingꚜ: Assist in the preparation of cash forecast including working across functions within the organization (Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounts Payable, Store Operations, IT and other departments) to obtain data necessary to forecast cash.
- Support the business operations in all matters relating to Treasury and act as liaison between the stores for banking and merchant services including: (i) maintenance of store deposit procedures, armored courier procedures, etc.; (ii) monitoring missing deposit reports from Cash/Store Accounting; (iii) monitoring chargebacks; and (iv) Inspect, investigate and resolve discrepancies in cash transactions.
- Maintaining proper internal controls (including Sarbanes-Oxley controls) and operational checklists focused on safeguarding assets and proper accounting/accruals for treasury related fees and other taxes (e.g., property taxes, annual report fees, unclaimed property).
- Periodic and regular fee analysisꚜ (cash handling fees, processing fees, credit card interchange, chargebacks, etc.) for savings opportunities, trends, and verification of the proper accounting of bank fees, credit/debit card fees, and gift card fees.
- Liaison between Treasury, Store Accounting, and IT relating to compliance with PCI standards and merchant processing issues.
- Lead and support Manager of Taxes & Treasury and Treasurer in connection with special projects to promote greater efficiencies for Store Operations and Treasury functions; identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities for Treasury and being familiar with new Treasury products, solutions, and security measures designed to prevent payment fraud.
- Acting System Administrator for on-line banking platforms (JP Morgan Access, Wells Fargo Commercial Electronic Office, etc.) and on-line Merchant Services platforms (BAMS/FirstData ClientLine) including maintenance of security, user access, and general security administration. Backup to the organization’s Treasury Administrator.
- Tax Analysis and Accountingꚜ: (i) Prepare and update property tax accruals; (ii) co-manage (with Manager of Taxes & Treasury) third-party property tax compliance firm including the review of property tax bills for accuracy and process payment requests; (iii) preparation of filings for unclaimed property and annual reports
- Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting or Finance degree preferred
- 4+ years Accounting experience
- Ability to analysis general ledger data, prepare and record journal entries and accruals.
- Experience with on-line banking platforms (JP Morgan Access, Wells Fargo Commercial Electronic Office, etc.) and on-line Merchant Services platforms (BAMS/FirstData ClientLine) preferred.
- Strong Accounting and understanding of financial statements (a Senior Accountant level ability) with Treasury experience
- Multi-Unit restaurant or retail experience is a plus
- Credit/Debit Card (merchant services) experience is a plus
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (vLookup, Sumifs, Pivot tables, charts, etc.), Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience with Workday ERP is a plus
Please, no agencies.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
For more than 40 years, CEC Entertainment has proudly served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment and the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. As the award-winning, number-one, kid-friendly restaurant for millions of families across the world, the company and its franchisees operate a system of more than 603 Chuck E. Cheese’s stores located in 47 states and 11 foreign countries and territories, and a system of more than 144 Peter Piper Pizza franchise and company-owned locations. More than 17,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
* * *
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States