Vice President of Human Resources
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese, Peter Piper Pizza, and Pasqually’s Pizza and Wings restaurants, is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources. This exciting opportunity will be based at our Corporate Support Center in Irving, TX.
Reporting to the Chief Legal and Human Resources Officer, the Vice President of Human Resources is a key member of the executive team and will work closely and collaboratively with senior management to ensure alignment of our HR strategy and policies with our business strategy and to support the development of a culture that will attract, retain, and engage top talent. The Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for leading, directing, and overseeing all Human Resource functions for the company. Specifically, this leader will be responsible for human resource and human capital design, talent acquisition and management, organizational development, change management, compensation “market pay” benchmarking process, corporate and field compensation plans and execution, employee relations, benefits, and employee services (orientation, training, and performance management guidelines and oversight), and measuring and reporting on employee engagement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with the CHRO to design and implement the strategy and annual priorities for the HR function.
- Build the capabilities of the human resource organization to effectively align people and culture with the company’s strategic priorities and operations.
- Leverage shared services to address and satisfy the strategic needs of the business and ensure that the business receives the necessary services, support, and communications from those centralized Human Resources groups.
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge, and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities, and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against comparable companies, industries, and markets.
- Manages the human resource information systems database and provides necessary reports for critical analyses of the people resources of the organization.
- Establish and maintain credibility throughout the organization as an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Lead and mentor the HR team to ensure efficient, reliable, and cost-effective HR services throughout the organization.
- Build and sustain excellence across all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
- Provide sound advice and counsel to leadership to ensure compliance with compensation, benefits, insurance, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Work with senior leadership to support employee engagement, retention, and commitment to the values and culture of the company.
- Build HR and Talent KPI’s including employee engagement, retention/turnover, and diversity and inclusion to drive alignment of HR and organizational objectives and measurement.
- Build and manage the budgets and other financial measures of cost centers within the HR department.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other related graduate degree preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional, SHRM Senior Certified Professional, or other HR certification preferred.
- 10+ years of experience leading HR teams at a senior level. Must possess generalist Human Resource experience with an emphasis on business strategy, benefits analysis, compensation management, employee relations, talent acquisition, and engagement performance management.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills and empathy for people at all levels along with significant influence and negotiation skills.
- Track record as an innovative thought leader; providing creative ideas and solutions. Experience leading HR transformation efforts.
- Interest and passion in all areas of talent management.
- Expertise with Workday HCM highly desirable.
- Able to think strategically beyond tactical execution.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and continuous improvement mindset.
- Skilled at partnering with business clients at all levels and in balancing the role as a liaison between human resources and client groups.
- Highly developed project management skills.
- High degree of work ethic, integrity, and emotional intelligence.
- Knowledge and comfort with labor law and regulations.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with the repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel internationally to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
CEC Entertainment is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with both its Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants as well as the virtual kitchen brand Pasqually’s Pizza & Wings. As the place where a million Happy Birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese’s goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through entertainment, food, and play. The Company and its franchisees operate a system of 558 Chuck E. Cheese restaurants and 114 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 15 foreign countries and territories. More than 10,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy!
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.