Tech in Development
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family, and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
At Chuck E. Cheese “CEC”, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants, is seeking a Tech in Development (TID) to join our team! This position will work in a restaurant location and be responsible for all aspects of the gameroom and supports the District Technician in all mechanical and technical needs for the restaurant.
CEC Entertainment now offers access to earned wages with our NEW “Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow” program. Don’t wait between paychecks anymore!
- Responsible for the gameroom area of impact “AOI”
- Troubleshoot games, in charge of preventative maintenance of games, equipment and show robotics
- Trains the Assistant Gameroom Technician and Team 2 Cast Members on basic gameroom responsibilities
- Performs other duties and assists co-workers as directed
Skills We’re Looking For:
- Prior experience in some technical capacity, a technical certification or currently enrolled in a technical program; or prior experience as a CEC Assistant Gameroom Technician is a plus
- For internal candidates, CEC Ladders must be completed and signed off
- A mechanical and electrical aptitude required
- Demonstrated desire to learn and grow
- Requires a strong customer service orientation
- Exhibits a sense of urgency and composure
- Excellent decision-making abilities
- Time and Priority Management
- Comfortable with Microsoft Suite applications
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must be able to work up to 40 hours per week, with possibility of overtime and have shift flexibility, including on weekends
- Highschool diploma or GED
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 0-50 lbs. during scheduled shift. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. The work
environment includes flashing and flickering lights, moving mechanical parts, and loud noises.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CEC Entertainment, LLC ("CEC"), headquartered in Irving, Texas is the nationally recognized leader in family entertainment and dining with its Chuck E. Cheese, Peter Piper Pizza brands and virtual kitchen concept, Pasqually's Pizza & Wings.
As the place where half a million happy birthdays are celebrated every year, Chuck E. Cheese's goal is to create positive, lifelong memories for families through fun, food, and play and is the place Where a Kid Can Be a Kid. Committed to providing a fun, safe environment, Chuck E. Cheese helps protect families through industry-leading programs such as Kid Check. As a strong advocate for its local communities, Chuck E. Cheese has donated more than $19 million schools through its fundraising programs. Peter Piper Pizza features dining, entertainment and carryout with a neighbor-hood pizzeria feel and "pizza made fresh, families made happy" culture.
Peter Piper Pizza takes pride in delivering quality food and fun that reconnects family and friends. Created in 2020, Pasqually's Pizza & Wings offers a distinct, customized eating experience outside of a restaurant environment that amplifies classic pizza and wings and operates out of 400 ghost locations nationwide. The Company and its franchise operate a system of nearly 600 Chuck E. Cheese and more than 120 Peter Piper Pizza venues, with locations in 47 states and 17 foreign countries and territories. For more information, visit chuckecheese.com, pasquallyspizza.com, and peterpiperpizza.com.
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities. Chuck E. Cheese is a "Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow" employer.
* * *
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identify, gender ex-pression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class.